TOP 10+ Accounting Clerk Interview Questions & Answers
1. Tell us about yourself ?
My name is XYZ and I am an ABC. My fathers name is XYZ and he is a XYZ. I have been in this field for 3 years. This is a simple and straightforward answer to this question. However I warn you to not get indulged in long answers. If you will do that then the recruiter will definitely catch you and you will be thrown out without being selected.
2. What was your job profile in the previous company ?
This is another question which can be asked from you. However in order to answer to this question you will have to be quite polite. The question is that if you did the job well in the previous company then you must know the job profile in detail and hence you can recite it easily.
3. How many types of bills are there ?
This is the question from your field. Just recite all the types of bills and then stop. I warn you that you should use the professional words. If you will use layman words then you will make the recruiters confused. And believe me that once the recruiter will get confused then he will do nothing but just make you pay for it. So feel free and just give the names of all the bills which you have studied during the graduation or you have come across during the previous job. But you need to know everything about its.
4. What is an invoice ?
This is also a subject question and just gives a brief answer according to your experience in previous job.
5. What will you do for the company if you are hired ?
Just give the innovative answers. You will have to think first and then answer. You can say that I will use all of my skills to maximum limit for the benefit of the company.
6. How would you know you were successful on this Accounting clerk job?
I am sure that I was successful. I have dreamt to work for your company and I can do anything to make my dream become true. And I am really interested in this job, for my passion not for money.
7. What experience do you have in this field and Accounting clerk position?
• Speak about specific matters that are relevant to the position you are applying for. If you do not have any specific experience, get them as close as you can.
• If you are being asked this question from your employer, you can explain about your experience. Tell the employer what responsibilities you were performing in your previous job. You can tell about the programs you have developed and modules you have worked on. You can also tell about your achievements in different programs.
8. What have you done to improve your knowledge that related to Accounting clerk position since the last year?
• Try to include improvements that are relevant to the job. A wide variety of activities can be mentioned as positive self-improvement. Have some good ones in handy to mention in this circumstance.
• Employers tend to look for goal-oriented applicants. Show a desire for continuous learning by listing your non-work related hobbies. Regardless of what hobbies you choose to present, remember that the goal is to prove self-sufficiency, time management, and motivation.
9. Explain the accounts payable cycle.
Demonstrate your knowledge of this cycle – the length of time it takes the company to pay its accounts payable – and what the implications of the length of this cycle are for the company, for example cash flow.
10. What accounts payable applications are your familiar with?
With accounting job interview questions like this first list the applications you have used and then expand on the value of the solutions they offered to your particular business. Look at aspects such as managing vendor information, approval controls and providing payables reports.