20+ TOP Engineering Interview Questions and Answers
1. Tell me about the most challenging engineering project you’ve worked on.
2. Describe a written technical report or presentation you had to complete.
3. Explain a time you had to use logic to solve an engineering problem.
4. Describe a time you demonstrated leadership skills at work.
5. What processes do you follow to catch any mistakes in your work?
6. What engineering skills have you learned or improved upon in the past six months?
7. What software packages are you familiar with?
8. Describe a time you used problem-solving skills to figure out a design problem.
9. What strengths do you have that make you a good engineer?
10. What’s your most successful engineering project?
11. How do you stay current with the latest technology?
12. Describe a time you had to work on a team and something didn’t go well. What would you do differently?
13. Have you ever had an experience with a difficult client, employer, or employee? How did you handle the situation?
14. Tell me about a time you got negative feedback on your work. How did you respond?
15. Why are you interested in this role? Why are you interested in working at this company?
16. What will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?
17. Describe your ideal manager.
18. What are your salary expectations?
19. Do you have security clearance to work on classified projects?
20. Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?