30+ TOP Iphone Apps Interview Questions & Answers
1. What is iPhone?
• IPhone is a combination of internet and multimedia enabled smart phone developed by Apple Inc.
• iPhone functions as a camera phone, including text messaging, and visual voice mail
• iPhone is a portable media player that resembles a video iPod
• It has user interface that is built around the multi-touch screen including virtual keyboard.
• App Store , which launched in the mid 2008 has over 1,00,000 applications with functionalities including games, references, GPS navigation, advertising, television shows, films, reference, celebrities.
2. What are the features of iphone 3gs?
Video: Videos can be edited, shared. High quality VGA video can be shot in portrait or landscape.
3 Megapixel Camera: Still photos with greater quality can be taken
Voice control: It recognizes the names in contacts and recognizes the music on iPod.
Compass: iPhone 3GS has built-in digital compass, used to point the way.
Internet Tethering: Internet surfing can be done from anywhere. A 3G connection can be shared on Iphon3 with Mac notebook or laptop..
3. What is iphone OS?
iPhone OS runs on iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Hardware devices are managed by iPhone OS and provides the technologies needed for implementing native applications on the phone.
The OS ships with several system applications such as Mail, Safari, Phone, which provide standard services to the user.
4. What is iphone sdk?
iPhone SDK is available with tools and interfaces needed for developing, installing and running custom native applications.
Native applications are built using the iPhone OS’s system frameworks and Objective-C language and run directly on iPhone OS.
Native applications are installed physically on a device and can run in presence or absence of network connection.
5. What is iphone architecture?
It is similar to MacOS X architecture
It acts as an intermediary between the iPhone and iPod hardware an the appearing applications on the screen
The user created applications never interact directly with the appropriate drivers, which protects the user applications from changes to the hardware.
6. What is iphone reference library?
iPhone reference library is a set of reference documents for iPhone OS .
It can be downloaded by subscribing to the iPhone OS Library doc set.
Select Help>Documentation from Xcode, and click the subscribe button next to the iPhone OS Library doc set, which appears in the left column.
7. What are sensors in iphone?
The proximity sensor immediately turns off the display when the iPhone is lifted to ear. With this sensor the power is saved and accidental dialing is prevented.
The display is automatically brightens the iPhone by the ambient light sensor when the sunlight or bright rooms and dims in darker places.
8. What are the location services?
Applications such as Maps, camera and compass are allowed to use the information from cellular, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System networks for determining the approximate locations.
The location is displayed on the screen, using a blue marker.
9. Describe the functionality of accelerometer of an iphone?
iPhone responds to motion using a built-in accelerometer.
The accelerometer detects the movement and changes the display accordingly, at the time of rotating iPhone from portrait to landscape.
10. Explain about the applications that can be used with iphone?
Technology, Entertainment and Design(TED): Allows to watch and listen to world’s most fascinating people have to say, all on the iPhone.
Market Watch: Breaking news about the investments can be seen. To do so, open the Stocks app and rotate.
Trends: Latest runway shows, videos from Vogue’s fashion library, reviews, exclusive party pictures, fashion news updates can be seen on Style.com.
11. What is an iPhone app?
An iPhone app is a program that runs on our iPhone/iPod Touch. It enables us to accomplish a certain task. They could be utility apps, games, enterprise apps, entertainment apps, apps to access our bank account etc.
Some popular apps are:
• Face book-Social networking
• Doodle Buddy-drawing
• Pandora Radio-radio on our iPhone
• Yelp-restaurant reviews
12. Why iPhone apps are popular?
• Give our business a whole new way of transacting business for millions of users.
• iPhones are the market leaders in the smart phone segment.
• The iPhone has become a great device to surf the internet, play games, interact with social networks and transact business.
13. Requirements to develop iPhone Apps:
• Mac OS 10.5/10.6
• iPhone SDK(Software Development Kit 3.0/4.0)
14. How do I find the App Store in iTunes?
You can find the App Store inside the iTunes Store. Click iTunes Store on the left hand side of the iTunes window. Then click the App Store category in the iTunes Store window. You can use the iTunes Store to download music, movies, TV Shows, and more (availability of certain types of media does vary by country). To change countries, scroll to the end of the iTunes Store home page and click the flag indicating the current country. To choose a different country, click the appropriate flag.
15. What can I purchase from the App Store?
At the App Store, you can browse and download applications for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Applications from the App Store can be downloaded to, but not used on, your computer. To use an application from the App Store, simply sync it to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The App Store is also available on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch1 and works over mobile phone networks and Wi-Fi, so you can download applications wirelessly and start using them instantly.
To use applications or the App Store with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you must have iOS 2.0 or later installed on your iPhone or iPod touch, and iOS 3.2 or later on iPad.
Some applications are not available in all countries. Application availability and pricing are subject to change.
16. Can I use applications on my iPod?
In general, applications are compatible with iPod touch and iPhone. However, games found in the iPod Games section, separate from the App Store, are only compatible with iPod nano (3rd generation), iPod nano (4th generation), iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic, and iPod (5th generation). Make sure to carefully review the Requirements section for each application prior to purchase, in order to ensure that your iPod is compatible.
17. How do I find the file size of an application?
File sizes are listed on each application’s page, near the Buy button.
18. Is the application available in my language?
Available languages are listed in the Languages section on every application’s page. Before you purchase an application, review the Languages section to make sure your desired language is supported.
19. Where can I find a list of my purchased applications?
To see your purchased applications, click Applications on the left side of the iTunes window.
20. Will applications run on my computer?
No. Applications are designed exclusively for use on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
21. What is an in-app purchase?
An in app purchase is an additional purchase you make within a paid application.
22. Can I play music on my device and use an application at the same time?
Yes, many applications will allow you to play your own music while using the application.
23. How do I remove an application from my device?
1. Select your device on the left side of the iTunes window.
2. Click the Applications tab.
3. Select Sync applications.
4. Click the Selected applications button.
5. Deselect the applications you wish to remove.
6. Click Apply.
24. Can I use apps from the Mac App Store on more than one computer?
Apps from the Mac App Store may be used on any Macs that you own or control for your personal use.
25. Do I need to sign in to use an app?
You may be asked for your Apple ID and password the first time you use an app. You won’t have to provide them again unless you use the app on a different computer.
26. If I have already downloaded an app from the Mac App Store, can I redownload it for free?
Yes. You can redownload apps from the Mac App Store as long as the app remains available. You may be asked to enter the Apple ID and password you initially used to download the app.
27. What is the Mac App Store refund policy?
If you experience a technical issue with an app, first contact the developer of the app for assistance. Their support contact information can be found on the app’s page in the Mac App Store.
28. How do I back up my purchases?
We recommend backing up the contents of your Mac regularly, including photos, purchased movies, TV shows, and apps, to ensure that you can easily recover them in the event of a loss. If you need to recover a previously purchased app from the Mac App Store, you can redownload it if it is still available.
29. Do apps from the Mac App Store require activation keys, serial numbers, or registration numbers?
No, but you may be asked for your Apple ID and password the first time you use an app.
30. Where can I get technical support for an app from the Mac App Store?
If you experience a technical issue with an app, first contact the developer of the app for assistance. Their support contact information may be found on the app’s page in the Mac App Store.
31. Can I use an iTunes Gift Card or Apple Store Gift Card to make purchases on the Mac App Store?
iTunes Gift Cards can be used to make purchases from the Mac App Store. Apple Store Gift Cards are redeemable in Apple retail stores, and may not be used on the Mac App Store.
32. Can I use my iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to purchase from the Mac App Store?
No, the Mac App Store can only be used on a Mac.
33. Where can I find an app once I’ve downloaded it?
New apps are downloaded to the Applications folder on your Mac, and the app’s icon will be placed in the Dock.
34. How do I remove an app from the Dock?
To remove an app from the Dock, drag it out of the Dock. This does not remove the app from your Applications folder. To re-add it to the Dock, drag it from the Applications folder back to the Dock.
35. Are app updates free?
Updates for apps from the Mac App Store are free. Updates will appear in the Updates tab of the Mac App Store when they are available.
36. Where can I find Support information including the user guide for iPhone®?
For Support information about iPhone, go to the Apple® Support website.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.