20+ TOP Principles of Management Interview Questions
1. Define Management. What are the functions managers perform to attain the set goals?
Management is the art of getting things done through the people 1. Planning 2. Organizing 3. Staffing 4. Directing 5. Controlling
2. What are different types of Plans? Explain
1. Mission or purpose
2. Goals and Objectives
4. Policies, procedures, rules
5. Programmes and projects
A brief discussion about all types of plans are required.
3. What is Planning? Explain the steps involved in Planning Decision making for the future is called Planning.
Steps in Planning :
1. Being aware of opportunity
2. Establishing goals and objectives
3. consideration of Planning Premises
4. Identification of alternatives
5. Evaluation of Alternatives
6. Selection of the best alternative
7. making supportive plans
8. Number zing the plans.
4. What is MBO? Explain the steps involved in MBO Comprehensive management function it has wider applications like planning, motivation, performance evaluation.
Steps in MBO
1. Establishing enterprise objectives
2. Considering Planning Premises
3. Key Result Areas
4. Appropriate Organization
5. Setting objectives
6. superiors Recommendation of subordinates objectives
7. subordinates statement of their own objectives
8. Matching with resources.
9. Setting subordinates objectives
10. Actual performance
11. Performance Review
12. Corrective Action.
5. Discuss in detail the “Selection Process”.
1. Screening Application Forms
2. Selection Tests
4. Checking References
5. Physical Examination
6. Approval By apprropriate authority
6. Explain the concept of functional authority. How do you delegate it?
Departmental level authority. It should be delegated through proper manner.
7. Discuss the merits and demerits of centralization and decentralization.
i. responsibility ii. Communication iii. Decision making iv. Involvement v. Motivation.
8. What are different types of Decisions? Explain rational decision making process.
Rational decision, emotional, lateral programmed non programmed decisions., etc.
3. Research and analysis
9. Discuss 14 principles of management
1. Division of Labour
2. Unity of Command
3. Authority and Responsibility
5. Unity of Direction
8. Scalar Chain
11. Stability in tenure
12. Initiative ness
13. Esprit decorps
14. Subordination of individual interest to general interest.
10. Explain the concept of Formal and informal organization
Differences are arises based on Purpose, flow of Communication, Rules and regulation, term, Relationship
(ii) Discuss the merits and demerits of Process based departmentation more advantages and disadvantages are required.
11. What is Selection? What are the different selection tests?
Choosing the best candidate among several applicants
1. Achievement Test
2. Intelligence Test
3. Personality Test
4. Aptitude Test
5. Interest test
12. Explain the basic control process
i. Establishment of standards
ii. Actual Performance
iii. Measurement of actual Performance
iv. Comparison between Actual performance with standard
v. Making corrective action.
13. Explain how does operations research helps to enhance Productivity
i. Project scheduling
ii. Optimization functions
iii. Assignment Problems
iv. Linear Programming
v. Simulation Models.
14. What do you understand by principles of Preventive control? Explain its advantages
i. Continuity in operation
ii. Attainment of Quality
iii. Less maintenance cost
iv. Job Satisfaction
v. Safety and Security.
15. What are the important tools and techniques available for system design and improvement?
i. Operations research model ii. LPP iii. Inventory Planning and Control iv. Distribution Logistics v. Time-event Analysis vi. Q.C. vii. CAD/CAM/MAP etc.
16. Explain different styles of leadership based on authority?
Explanation on i. Autocratic ii. Benevolent autocratic iii. Democratic iv. free rein
17. What are the different types of Communication? Discuss in detail all the above methods?
I Based on organization Structure:
1. upward Communication
2. Downward Communication
3. Horizontal Communication
4. Diagonal Communication
II Based on Mode of Communication:
1. Written Communication
2. Oral Communicatioin
4. Audio Visual Communication
18. What is departmentation? What are the different bases of departmentation?
Grouping related activities together is called departmentation.
19. What are the functions of managers?
Planning, organising, staffing, directing and controlling are the functions of management.
20. What is organizing? Explain line and staff relationship.
Identification of activities, grouping related activities together, forming departments, providing authority and coordinating departmental
View Point of Line People
View Point of Staff
Nature of line and Staff