1. What is ERP?
Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business integrate software that allows an organization to integrates multiple applications/functions such as Human resourses, Finance,operation, manufacturing, sales, production, Supply chain Management, and marketing.
2. What is SAP?
SAP is one of the top Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software in the world.
SAP stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing.
3. What are the different software packets available in market?
Few of the top /old ERPS’s are Baan,JD Edwards EnterpriseOne from Oracle,Maximo from IBM,Microsoft Dynamics,PeopleSoft from Oracle,mySAP from SAP,Ramco ERP from Ramco Systems.
4. What are the different modules of SAP?
SAP Modules are classified into 4 types
SAP Functional Modules
SAP Technical Modules
SAP New Dimensional Modules /SAP New Modules
SAP IS – Industries specific modules.
What is the full form of SPRO?
SPRO stands for SAP Project Reference Object
5. What are the different type of projects?
There are 7 types of SAP HR projects
1. SAP Implementation Project.
2. SAP Support Project.
3. SAP Roll-Out Project.
4. SAP Enhancement Project.
5. SAP Upgradation Project.
6. SAP Migration Project.
7.SAP Acquisition/Merger Project.
6. What is Roles And Responsibilities Of Sap Hr Consultants?
1)Legacy Process Understanding.
Functional consultant is likely to get knowledge about the current business process in the company, design of current business flows. Prepare AS IS document & To-Be document.
2)Identifying the Gaps and Solution Design
GAP analysis & Solution Design
3) Requirement Gathering
4) Business blue print Preparation
5)Writing functional specifications
6)Configuration & customisation
Prepare test scripts for testing & test. Type of testing are Unit Testing, regression testing, integration testing, Product Integration Testing etc.
8) End user manual preparation and End user training
9)Go live cut over activities
10)Post Go live Support
7. What is ASAP methodology?
ASAP is SAP’s standard implementation methodology.
Phases in SAP Implementation Methodology
Phase 1: Project Planning
Phase 2: Blueprinting
Phase 3: Realization
Phase 4: Final Preparation
Phase 5: Go Live
8. What are the Importance of Infotypes in SAP Hr
Infotypes are used to store all relevant Hr data of employees in an organization.
It is represented by a ‘4’ digit number.Eg:0000,2001,1002 etc.
Infotype is a collection of logical or business related characteristics of an object. Infotypes are also called information types to enter rational related information for an employee
For eg Personnel data (0002) infotype have fields like title,first name, middle , last name,birth date, language etc
Every infotypes has a specific validity dates (start and end dates) .The validity period allows to maintain an employee’s data history.While updating an employee’s data, the earlier data is automatically delimited.
Infotype Sub types:
Some infotypes are again separated in different groups having same nature.
For eg : Sub types of infotype address(0006) are
5-Mailing address etc.
There are two types of fields in an infotype .They are mandatory fields & optional fields.
9. What are the Important infotypes in SAP Personnel Administration?
Important Personnel Administration Infotypes are
0001 Organizational Assignment
0002 Personal Data
0003 Payroll Status
0005 Leave Entitlement
0007 Planned Working Time
0008 Basic Pay
0009 Bank Details
0007 Planned Working Time
0008 Basic Pay
0009 Bank Details0014 Recur. Payments/Deds.
0015 Additional Payments
10. What is Dynamic Action?
Dynamic Action feature is make available in SAP HR to perform automatically by the system based on certain conditions.
11. What are the Important T Codes in SAP Personnel Administration?
PA10 – Personnel file
PA20 – Display HR Master Data
PA30 – Maintain HR Master Data
PA40 – Personnel Action
PA41 – Change Hiring Data
PA42 – Fast Data Entry for Events
PRMD – Maintain HR Master Data
How to delete Personnel records/HR Records ?
Use transaction code PU00 to delete records.
RPUDELPN is report/program to delete the personnel numbers in bulk.All infotypes can be deleted of a personnel number.
12. How to lock the personnel number for generating payroll?
By checking check box “personal number locked “in info type IT0003.
13. What is Concurrent employment ?
Concurrent employment allows one Person to hold more than one position in under a single company code.
Conditions for Concurrent Employment are (i)An person has several personnel assignments with the same organizational unit at the same time (ii) employee’s data is managed in the same SAP R/3 system for all personnel assignments.
Kimberly Mathew is a “Consultant” holds to two positions (i) SAP HR consultant & (ii) SAP FICO consultant at the same time under same organizational unit “SAP consulting –North America”.He works Mon-Fri ,9.00-13.00hrs as a SAP HR consultant & Mon-Fri ,14.00-17.30 hrs as a SAP FICO consultant.
14. Which is the transaction to create Custom Infotype?
PM01 is the transaction to create Custom Infotype
15. What are the different type of Wage Types? What are the characteristics of wages?
Types of wage types
1) Primary wage type
2) Secondary/Technical wage type
3)Customer specific wage type
Wage type characteristics:
16. What is time management status ?
Time Management status is the link between time management and payroll .The feature for time management status is TMSTA.
Time Management status field is available in infotype 0007 .
Values for the Time Management status are
0 – No time evaluation
1 – Time evaluation of actual times
2 – PDC time evaluation
7 – Time evaluation without payroll integration
8 – External services
9 – Time evaluation of planned times
17. Structures in SAP Human Resources/HCM
There are three types of Human Resource structure
18. Integration between Personnel Administration & OM
Integration between PA and OM is required to get default for job,position,org unit cost center etc in IT0001. Position is the integration between OM & PA.
IMG–> PA–> OM–> Basic settings –> integration–>set up integration with PA
Table for OM – PA integration is T77S0
In the above table set the integration switch PLOGI ORGA to X
If this is set to “X” – the integration is turned “on”
If this is a blank – the integration is turned “off”.
19. Reports in PA & OM Integration/Integration tools
1.RHINTE00 – To transfer data from PA to OM
2.RHINTE10 – To transfer OM data to PA tables
3.RHINTE20 – To determine whether the data relevant for integration is available in both PA and OM
4.RHINTE30 -To update IT0001 (org assignment)
20. What are important infotypes in Travel Management
Infotype Infotype Name
0001 Organizational assignment
0002 Personal data
0017 Travel Privileges
Infotype Infotype Name
0009 Bank details
0027 Cost Distribution
0471 Flight preference
0472 Hotel preference
0473 Car rental preference
0475 Customer program
0470 Travel profile
0208 Work Tax area
0315 Time Sheet Defaults
21. Travel Management Process Flow
1. Travel Request
Business needs to a trip for meeting/discussion/presentation/auditing etc.Raise a travel request ,
which requires approval by manager. The manager can approve the request, send it back for
corrections or reject it.
2. Travel Planning
After a travel request has been approved by manager, the traveler decide on flight ,car, hotel etc .
3. Book a trip
Create a trip using PR05 transaction from SAP or any other mobile applications or desktop
4. Travel Settlement
The system settles the trips.
5. Travel Expenses
After the trip is over, the traveler completes and submit all necessary data and documents such as
trip receipts for accommodation, meals, air fare
Approve & release for settlement
Reimbursement of trips by check, bank transfer, payroll processing .
22. Integration between Personnel Administration & PD(Personnel Planning and Development)
Integration between PA and PD is set by turn on switch the PLOGI ORGA with an X in T77S0 table.
Report RHINTE10 set up PA & PD integration . This program allows you to create object types in Personnel Administration which have already set up in Personnel Planning and Development.
23. Integration between Personnel Administration & Time Management
Infotype 0007 (Planned working time) is the integration between PA & Time Management. For PA & Time integration we need to maintain Infotype 0007.
This integration is also based on PA and PSA grouping and EG and ESG grouping.
24. Integration between Personnel Administration & Payroll
Integration between PA & Payroll through below info types.
Recurring Payments/Deductions (0014)
Additional Payments (0015)
Cost Distribution (0027)
Organizational Assignment (0001)
Integration between Personnel Administration & Recruitment
Integration between Personnel Administration & Recruitment can set up using the following two features
Transfer employee data to the applicant database(feature PRELR)
Transfer applicant data to the employee database((feature PAPLI and feature PRELI)
25. What are plan versions used for?
Plan versions are used in OM to create scenarios in which you can create organizational plans. The current plan version should be “01”, as set in PLOGI PLOGI.
2. What are the basic object types?
The five basic building block object types in OM are SPOCK.
S – Position
P – Person
O – Organization Unit
C – Job
K – Cost Centre.
26. What is the difference between a job and a position?
Ans. Job is not concrete, it is is generic.(Eg: Manager, Assistant Manager,Consultant).
Positions are related to persons .Position is concrete and specific which are occupied by Persons. (Eg: Manager –Finance , Consultant – SAP HR).
What are the different methods to customize Organizational structure of an organization?
27. Three methods to customize Organizational structure of an organization.
SAP Easy Access -> SAP Menu -> Organizational Management-> Expert Mode -> Simple Maintenance -> PPOC_OLD C reate
2.Expert Mode / Detailed Maintenance
3. Organization and Staffing
SAP Easy Access > SAP Menu > Organizational Management> Organizational Plan >
Organization and staffing > PPOCE
28. Which infotype maintain relationships between objects?
Infotype 1001 defines the relationships between different OM objects.
29. What is an evaluation path?
An evaluation path describes a chain of relationships that exists between individual organizational objects in the organizational plan.
You can maintain evaluation paths on img -> Personnel Management ->Organisation Management-> Basic Settings-> Maintain Evaluation Paths .
30. Integration between Organizational Management and Recruitment
This integration allows to manage company vacancies & positions.
Integration to Recruitment is switched through table T775S0
PLOGI PLOGI 01
PLOGI PRELI 99999999
PPVAC PPVAC 1
31. Integration between Recruitment and Personnel Development
This integration manage qualifications in recruitment
The integration to Personnel Administration is switched in T775S0 table
PLOGI QUALI 1 A032 Q
32. Integration between Organizational Management & Time Management
OM to Time management integration is take place with Shift planning and with position substitution (substitution IT 2003).
Following ere shift planning switches
33. What is meant by payscale structure? How did you configure payscale structure? (I said I created various payroll areas and defaulted them using the feature ABKRS. Seemed he was expecting more than this from me.)
Pay Scale Structure means creation of Payroll area , Pay scale type,area, group and levels with EmpSub group grouping for PCR & CAP’s.
34. How do you import payscale data from non SAP to SAP? (Somebody told me that there’s a tool called LEGACY to transfer non SAP data to SAP. I said the same. Is it the same for payroll also? He wanted a clearer explanation of how I did it.
A: Yes you have to say from which transaction code you are transfeing data from Non SAP in to sap.
35. How to assign a person two different pers no.s and allocate him two different comp. codes and generate a single invoice? Suppose for a person I have to pers no.s A and B. I want to send him to one company in the morning and the other in the noon. How should I do this. (I only know one person can be given more than one position by giving percentage in OM. I said that this process is concurrent employment.)
A: No, even with Concurrent employment also it is not possible to assign two personnel numbers for one person. You can assign him to work wih two Personnel ID Numbers with the same number and make invoice.
36.What is meant by a schema? (I said I’m only aware that it is a set of rules which is copied and renamed, but never worked on that.)
A: No, you have to say him that schema is a set of instructions ( Programs ) madified as per requirements and its process is to collect the data as from all the defined instuctutions with sub schemas and PCR’s. As I was not authorised to work on them I know just the process of schemas only, (you should have said like this.)
37. How do you restrict the data to be entered in payroll area?
A: No, data is entered in a payroll area , but the employees are defined depending on their payscale structure. If you are restricting any data to be entered for pay strcs this is for indirectly for payroll area.
38. What is meant by authorization? Did you ever work on it?
A: Authorisations are the transactions given to the end users or the developers for only some areas to work, infotyopes, transaction codes, org units and others depending on the requirement of the client or the develping enterprise. Check this at PFCG tcode.
39. What is the difference between Indian and US Payroll. (I said each of them have their own ITs and the taxation differs.)
A: Yes it correct and even you have to say about the Benefits which are more important in US. In US unemployment tax will come. Garnishments will come, Residence taxation, Work tax and others, you have to say it in broad way then only they can know that you are working, or confident enough.
40. How do you differentiate Tax for different countries?
A: Taxation has so many use exits to be created which means it all happens only from the new versions which SAP Releases.