1. What do you mean by drop shipment?
A drop shipment is based on an order from a customer to a Distributor. The distributor initiates the shipment by Informing the wholesaler.
2. What is the use of sales area?
Sales area is the geographical aspect of that particular Company code, from there we can generate the reports.
3. How does the rule MALA decide the picking location?
1. SHIPPING POINT
3. STORAGE CONDITION
4. STORAGE LOCATION
4. What is the difference between customization and configuration?
Customization word used for Master Data maintenance. And Configuration word used for pricing Procedure Determination.
5. Is it possible to do delivery without shipping point?
No. Shipping point is the destination of the goods, how we can ship the goods. It is like mailing letter without TO address.
6. Explain about smart forms?
Smart form – it is a form. Basically it is using in output.
7. How sales document is structured?
Header responsible for all the documents
Item for materials
Schedule line for quantity and delivery
8. In sales order how system does picks up plant?
We assign particular material master to particular
Plant it picks up from there.
9. Without delivery can you do billing?
Without delivery invoice is not possible.
10. Could you explain about sales deals?
Company Has Launched a new product, for a that material you Want to have a promotion for this you will creating a sales deal and assign it to sales promotion and you maintain condition groups.
11. What is the use of pricing date in condition type?
It shows date of calculation of pricing procedure for that Particular document. So that in future you can see the date On which pricing calculated for that particular doc.
12. WHAT DOES A/C GROUP CONTROL CUSTOMER?
Account Group is like a control Parameter for the customer master. Most of the fields in the customer master are controlled Using Field Selection, which is internal function of Account Group.
13. Can you explain about Higher-level item category and item usage
Sales Document Type (OR)
Item Category Group (NORM)
Item Usage (FREE)
Higher Level Item Category (TAN)
Item Category of Free Goods (TANN)
14. Why do you need project IMG?
IMG is required for the purpose of customizing and Configuration. There is no role of functional consultant Without it.
15. How we assigned sales organization to delivering plant?
Path: SPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Assignment-SD-Assign Plant to Sales Organization/Dist.Channel
16. How to extend material and customer to other sales areas?
Sales area is a combination of s.org, dist channel & Division. Division is a logical grouping of products. So you Cannot extend material to other sales areas. But u can Extend customer to other sales areas through common Distribution channel & division.
17. How can we process out bound deliveries without shipping point?
Shipping point is a mandatory Organizational unit for outbound delivery process.
18.While I am creating a customer in ship to party account group you have shipping and billing partner function tab pages, client wants to shift all important fields in billing like payment terms, incoterms , and tax classification into shipping tab page. He wants only shipping partner function only, how does you customize?
Field Selection will help you maintain the fields relevant To Shipping, Ship to party function will be able to see only shipping related fields.
19. Why do I use condition indexes? How do you activate them?
Condition Index is used to search all the conditions Records for a particular condition type (eg PR00). We Activate condition index in the customizing screen of the
Menu Path: SPRO>>Sales & Distribution>>Basic
Functions>>Pricing>>Pricing Control>>Define Condition
Types>> Maintain Condition Types>> Enter PR00
20. Is it possible to release change request, without releasing task.
Once we can release the task, then only we can release the Change/customizing request.
21. Product attributes means?
Product attributes is nothing but the features of product.
22. Can one have multiple packing for delivery?
YES WE CAN HAVE MULTIPLE PACKING FOR A SINGLE DELIVERY
23. Explain EDI and its usage?
Edi – it helps for data transfer
That means from sap or non sap to sap
24. To extend material one plants to another plant what are the configuration you done in your project?
We have to create in new plant as we have followed for First plant, where as in first plant system will give Internal number but for second plant we have to mention
25. What is the client specific data? Give two examples of client specific data?
26. How to stop PGI?
IN CREDIT MANAGEMENT WE STOP THE PGI BY THROUGH CREDIT LIMIT OR THROUGH CUSTOMIZATION.
27. How SAP support to the client to know the customer requirements?
Support to client- 1- implementation method
2- Correction method
28. Can we assign multi distribution channel to a single customer in sap SD sales process. If yes then how?
While creating customer we need to assign the customer to
The respective sales area, we should copy from previous
Sales area in XD01 through reference
29. what is the difference among sales deal promotion price, price agreement?
Sales deal promotion– specific product for a period of time price will be less than MRP.
Price agreement– means an agreement between customer and Vendor for a specific product or with a specific price mentioned in their agreement.
30. What is the difference between inbound and outbound delivery?
Out bound delivery— is Post goods Issue (PGI)
In bound delivery— is Post Goods Received (PGR)
PGI will come under Sales Area
PGR will come under MM Module
PGI decreases physical stock and PGR increases
31. From Which Tcode can I view customer wise back order (Open Order?)
32. What is retro active billing? Who is will create this?
Retro active billing means rebate process. When ever the customer reaches the target quantity or volume in specified time Peried. we issues the credit memo for the customer.
33. Where do you assign Movement Type?
We assign movement type in schedule line category.
34. Can anyone explain about Purchase Order & Purchase Requisition?
In third party if a customer places an order if the Material is not available in our company if the order Document is saved automatically purchase is raised.withthe help Of this purchase group is created
Purchase requisition— For production of material raw Materials are required, but materials are not available in Stocks, then the production dept. request send to the MM manage simply request him to arrange Materials for production of finished materials.
35. in one sales order there are two materials can maintain two different pricing procedures for these materials?
No, u cannot maintain 2 separate pricing procedure for same Material in single order. But u can change the price Manually by selecting the material and then the conditions Tab….u can also see the changed status as manually later
36. List the Basic Steps for SD configuration.
1. Enterprise structure
2. Partner determination
3. Master data
4. Business process customization
6. Output determination
37. HOW YOU CAN EXTENT THE REBATE? WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES, WHAT IS THE CUSTOMISATION FOR IT?
The transaction coed for extend rebate is “VB (D” in that You should fill the field like recipient and rebate Agreement.
For customization same as create condition tables but Already there are standard tables and define accessequence And assign condition types. There are already standards are There like b001, b002, b003, b004 then assign pricing Procedure to condition type, next create account keys and Assign to rebate process type
38. What is accounting group?
Accounting group is simply the classification of customers, Whether its sp, sh, bp, or py, and it also controls the Fields in cmr.
39. What are the differences between invoice and billing document?
Billing Doc is the broad view Invoice (F2) is one of type of billing doc.
40. What is pricing? How will it affects the billing procedure?
Pricing has the basic price of the item. It also has the Discounts, Taxes, Rebates, & also the Cost of the item.
41. What is act key? And how it works? Normally how many pricing procedures do in implementation?
Account key determine a correct G/L account to be posted the data corresponding G/L accounts. You need to assign a G/L account to account key that is assigned to a condition type in a pricing procedure.
42. Tell me account key and accruals?
A/c keys determine a correct g/l a/c to be posted the data corresponding g/l a/c. All customer Rebate accounts are posted in accruals.
43. What is the docu.flow?
Post Goods Issue
44. What is the transfer order?
Transfer order is basically picking order where u pick the Material from storage and loading area or picking area
45. What is the purpose of text determination, account determination, partner determination, output determination, storage location determination
1. Text determination: For transferring information from material or customer to order/delivery or invoice (and anything in-between)
2. Account determination: For transferring financial and costing information to proper financial docs
3. Partner determination: for deterring who is legally responsible for A/R, who the goods are going to and whatever else you drive through this functionality.
4. Output Determination: What type of Output (Fax/Mail, etc) is required, where and in what Format (ABAP Customization may be required in some cases especially Invoices).
4. Storage Location Determination: depends on Plant, Shipping Point and Storage Conditions
46. What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
Sales org., A/c keys, condition type, a/c group for the customer, a/c group for the material
47. What is meant by transfer of data from legacy code to sap?
Before installation of SAP, Data maintained by Company is called Legacy Data. At the time of installation, it is required to transfer Data from Legacy to SAP like Masters (Material/Customer, etc).
48. What do you do really in pricing determination, and what are the main differences between one pricing procedure determination to the others, which data control these differences?
Pricing prosier determination—–Pricing is determined by combination of Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division, Customer Pricing Procedure and Document Pricing Procedure.
Pricing prosier—-Pricing prosier is the simple prosier of pricing .It identify different- 2 step, counter of condition.
49. What and where types of copy controls we change
Copy Control— is basically meant so that Data is copied from preceding Document to subsequent one. In general case of Standard Order, it will be Copy Control (Order to Delivery) from OR to LF.
50. How to and where to maintain copy controls
(Sales Document types and Delivery Document Types)
51. What is purpose of maintaining common distribution channels and common division??????
Common Distribution Channel and Common Division are maintained so that if any master data like customer or material maintained with respect to one distribution channel can be used in other DCh. It prevents the multiplication of master record
52. What is sales order Item category Determination n what is delivery Item Category determine?
53. Can you deference between contract & scheduling agreement?
Scheduling Agreement— is the agreement between consumer and
Company having fixed delivery dates and fixed quantity.
Contract— is the agreement between company and consumer for certain period of time.
54. What is PMIN?
PMIN is a Condition type to define minimum prices. It can be Control minimum prices below which a material should not be sold to the customer.
55. Explain About Dunning Procedure?
Dunning procedure is used in credit management if Customer does pay back his amount, then using this dunning Procedure Company sends reminders to customer then after
That company has to take legal action.
56. What is client requirement in Schedule Line Category?
Schedule line category is nothing but delivery date and Delivery quantity is must.
57. In how many places we can block the Sales Document?
Sales document can be blocked at three places depending on The customer risk categories, they are
1. Sales order level (high risk customer)
2. Delivery level (medium risk customer)
3. Goods issue level (low risk customer)
58. What is the Difference between Reconciliation A/C and Normal Posting A/c?
Manual entries can be posted in the normal G/L account and the same is not possible in the Reconciliation account, as these are automatically updated.
59. What happens if we check ‘exclusive’ indication in access sequence, and what happens if we do not check?
Basically access sequence finds the exact condition record in cond.table by search statuary with the help of exclusive indication.
60. Can anyone tell about types of free goods?
1) In paste: 25% extra more -it’s inclusive
2) When you buy paste you get a brush free, it’s exclusive.
61. What are the 16 steps in the pricing procedure?
Alt condition type,
Alt condition base value,
Act key and
62. Difference between plant and storage location?
A plant is a manufacturing unit and it is a place where Materials have to be kept.
Storage location is a place in plant, where in materials Has to be stored
63. Do u have any link for customer master and credit management?
We can maintain individual customer credit limit in customer Master. In t.code (fd32).we can define the total credit limit For sales area and credit limit for individual sales area.
64. Explain about sales order cycle?
65. What is the relation between sales organization and company codes?
Many to One
66.Sales order is created 1st November for 200 tooth pastes 100 brushes free of goods(2+1 free goods).At the time of delivery on 15th November you have shortage of brushes by 40. Offer closed on 15th November. How do you solve in this scenario?
At 15 Th Nov 40 shortage tooth paste have given 100% free Goods discount.Cond type is R100.
67. Can one create delivery with reference to the project?
68. What is the difference between cash sales and rush order?
In rush order if a customer places an order delivery will Take place immediately billing will be letter.
In cash sale if a customer places an order delivery and Billing will be on the same day.
69. How system picks up pricing while doing billing?
From Sales Order
70. Diff between business sale cycle nd customer sale cycles?
Contract is the business sale cycle and schedule line is the cust.sale cycle.
71. How do we control the credit checks with specific to distribution channel and division?
By assigning credit control area to specific sales area
72. CAN YOU CONFIGURE TWO DIFF FREE GOODS ITEMS FOR ONE SINGLE ITEM?
EXAMPLE- ON PURCHASING OF ITEM A U WANTS TO GIVE ITEM B & C FREE .IS IT POSSIBLE? HOW?
Yes it is possible by the exclusive free goods.
73. For the 1st 10 sales order I want to give discount, so what customization we have to do with
74. Can you delete order?
YOU CAN DELETE THE ORDER BUT THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY TRANSCATIONS ON THE PARTICULAR ORDER.
75. MWST? Pl explains in detail.
MWST is Tax Condition Category which will be Assigned to Country IN.
76. What makes Listing & exclusion Work differently than each other?
Listing— only the materials which is applicable to the Customers.
Exclusion— The materials which is not applicable to the Customers
77. How to do customization of rebate processing in sap SD????
1-activate rebate in customer master data
2-selling material should be activated in MM data
3-sales org. should be activated
4-billing doc should be activated
78. Which partner function realent for credit limit?
Sold to party is relevant for credit limit
79. Name three areas/processes which use condition technique in SD?
Material determination, pricing determination, Output determination, Account determination.
80. Explain what a condition table and an access sequence are and the relationship between them?
Condition table defines the combination of fields (the key) that identifies an individual condition record.
Access sequence is a search strategy that the system uses to find valid data for a particular condition type.
81. What is a condition type? What are the two main groups of condition types?
Condition type is a representation in the system of your daily pricing activities. Fixed Amount & Percentage.
82. Which partner function is relevant when it comes to tax calculation in the sales order?
83. Where would you specify that a condition type is a discount or a surcharge?
In Condition Type Details Screen.
84. You want to list all condition records for a certain material or a certain sales organization. How would you do that?
By creating pricing Reports.
85. Can you explain what a statistical condition is? Give an example for a statistical condition?
86. For what do you use customer hierarchies?
87. Name the influencing factors for pricing procedure determination during sales order entry?
Customer, Sales Document Type and Sales Area.
88. Can you copy condition records? If yes, are there any restrictions?
Yes. Field specific.
89. Tax jurisdiction processing is a close link between which two modules?
FI & SD.
90. Can you delete an invoice?
No. You can cancel it and create cancellation document
91. When you create an invoice can you carry out pricing again?
92. From which documents can you create a Performa invoice?
Sales order or delivery.
93. When you create a credit memo request do you always have to refer to a sales order or any other previous document?
Only sales order.
94. Can you combine orders into one invoice?
95. Can you split deliveries into several invoices? When would you do that? Yes. If the data from the related reference the system will automatically split the invoice.
96. Can one business area be valid for several company codes?
97. There is an interface between SD and FI in invoicing. Can you think of another interface between SD and FI?
Credit check, Tax calculation, and Cost estimate. Plant
98. Can you partially settle rebate accruals?
99. Is it possible to link R/3 projects to the MS project?
100. What two ways of number assignment for documents or master data do you know? Explain the difference between them.
Internal & External.